Maturity Standards & Quality
- Conversion Table: mL of Standard Alkali Solution to Percent Acids (11KB pdf)
- Quality Test for Florida Citrus (11MB pdf)
Other Sites and Publications
- Quality Standards--USDA AMS
Includes cotton, dairy, fruits & vegetables, livestock, nuts and specialty crops, poultry and eggs, processed fruits and vegetables, and tobacco.
- USDA National Nutrient Database. "The Mission of the Nutrient Data Laboratory is "To develop authoritative food composition databases ... "
Information on the previous website is still available.
- Harvest Maturity Indicators for Fruits and Vegetables--Kansas State University (132KB pdf)
The most critical handling points of any commercial fruit and vegetable operation is harvest, this is the starting point for the postharvest management process.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans--US DHHS
"Dietary Guidelines for Americans is published jointly every 5 years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA). The Guidelines provide authoritative advice for people two years and older about how good dietary habits can promote health and reduce risk for major chronic diseases."
- Fruit & Vegetable Standards--ISO
A network of national standards institutes from 140 countries working in partnership with international organizations, governments, industry, business and consumer representatives. A bridge between public and private sectors.
Links to non-UF/IFAS sites are provided as a service and do not imply endorsement of information or products