Pesticide Residues & Maximum Limits
- Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs) for Citrus (77KB pdf)
For U.S. & Selected Export Markets
Updated April, 2013.
- UF Pesticide Information Office
Chemically Speaking Newsletter
Pesticide MRL Web Resources
- International Maximum Residue Level Database - USDA Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS).
- U.S.A. Code of federal regulations - Go to Title 40, Part 180 found here for the official list of U.S. MRLs.
- Index to Title 40, Part 180
- See Subpart D—Exemptions From Tolerances
- See EPA's excellent overview on Pesticides and Food
- European Union - EU-MRL Pesticide Database--European Commission Directorate General for Health and Consumers.
Also see the Pesticide Action Network (PAN) Europe for listings of substances banned or authorized in the EU market.
- Japan - MRLs -List of Agricultural Chemicals in Foods--The Japan Food Chemical Research Foundation.
See: Grapefruit; Orange; Lemon; Lime; Other citrus.
Postharvest fungicides must also be designated by Japan as Food Additives.
Original website on Japan's "Positive List System for Agricultural Chemical Residues in Foods."
See also MHLW Notification No. 498 (Exempted Substances)
- Canada - Health Canada.
Specific MRL information.
- CODEX Alimentarius - Pesticide Residues in Food - FAO/WHO Food Standards. CODEX homepage.
- Taiwan - See specifically the Standards for Pesticide Residue Limits in Food (located at the bottom of the page), as amended June 20, 2012.
- Korea - MRL database. For an explanation of their policy's decision tree, go to “Pesticide MRLs – sorted by food” on left side of page, and select “English” in upper right corner to see the translation of the decision tree policy. Korea does not accept Codex crop group MRLs.
- OECD Maximum Residue Limit Calculator - "With the goal of harmonizing the calculation of MRLs across the OECD, the OECD has developed a MRL Calculator..."
Click here for discussion of switching from the NAFTA MRL Calculator to the OECD MRL Calculator.
Pesticide Information & Labels
- U.S. EPA Pesticide Information Website.
- U.S. EPA Pesticide Product Label System (PPLS) - The Pesticide Product Label System is a collection of images, in multi-page TIFF format, of pesticide labels which have been approved by the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) under Section 3 of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act.
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) - Pesticide Data Index.
- US EPA Registered Pesticides (Maintained by the State of California).
- Crop Data Management Systems, Inc. - Full text pesticide labels & MSDSs.
Links to non-UF/IFAS sites are provided as a service and do not imply endorsement of information or products